PASSION FRUIT LEMONADE
Quench your thirst with the first of our series of fruity drinks recipes which are perfect for hot summery days and even more delicious served with a selection of gourmet marshmallows. I first made Passion Fruit Lemonade a few years ago and since then it has become a favourite summer-time drink. The sweetness of the passion fruit balances the tartness of the lemon perfectly. It’s really quick and easy to make. If you can’t access any good passion fruits locally, you can order in both passion fruit purée and pure lemon juice online which are great substitutes – I use Funkin Cocktails for mine.
- 10 lemons or 120 ml lemon juice
- 12 passion fruits or 125ml of passion fruit purée
- 500ml water
- To make a simple syrup:
- 100 g granulated sugar
- 150ml cold water
- Take a large pitcher or jug
- Start by making a simple syrup by mixing together the granulated sugar and water
- Stir in the lemon and passion fruit juice
- Add the water
- Add a little more sugar to balance out the tartness of the lemons, if required
- Chill, add ice and serve with handmade marshmallows for the perfect Summer treat.
As an alternative, try adding sparkling water instead of still, and to give it a real kick, try adding 100ml gin!